Tutor: La Rocca Claudio
Supervisor: Paternoster Alfredo
Progetto: The Emerging Consciousness
- 2016 – present; Ph.D. student in Theoretical Philosophy, Northwest Philosophy Consortium – FINO, University of Turin. Project: The Emerging Consciousness. Supervisor: Alfredo Paternoster (University of Bergamo)
- 2013; M.A. in Philosophy, University of Turin. Dissertation in Theoretical Philosophy (Il mondo insicuro. Normalità e follia: struttura ontologica e coordinate comuni” [The Unsafe World. Normality and Madness: Ontological Structure and Common Coordinate]. Supervisors: Prof. Tiziana Andina, Department of Philosophy, and Prof. Maurizio Tirassa, Department of Psychology).
- 2010; B.A. in Philosophy, University of Turin. Dissertation in Theoretical Philosophy (Eterno ritorno: un modello metacosmologico [Eternal Recurrence: a Metacosmological Model]. Supervisor: Prof. Tiziana Andina, Department of Philosophy).
Summer Schools and Workshops
- June 2018 Workshop. Versions of Realism, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich.
- May 2018 Workshop. Fundamentality in Physics and Metaphysics, University of Geneva
- October 2017 Workshop. Emergence: Epistemological and Metaphysical Issues, University of the Basque Country, Donostia-San Sebastián.
- July 2017 Hamburg Summer School on Metaphysical Dependence, University of Hamburg
- July 2017 XX International Summer School in Philosophy of Physics, “Spacetime and Quantum Physics”, University of Urbino "Carlo Bo"
- June 2017 Workshop. Origins of Consciousness, London School of Economics
- March 2017 Workshop. Intentionality: New Directions, University of Cambridge
- July 2016 BNU Philosophy Summer School, Beijing Normal University
- 17/09/2018 - Reduction, Emergence and in Between. A Collectivist Ontology. “Pre-conference Philosophy Symposium. Ontology in a Contemporary Context”, G. F. Abela Junior College, Malta.
- 16/08/2018 - Consciousness as a Cognitive Resource Manager. An Evolutionary Hypothesis on the Proper Function of Consciousness “24th World Congress of Philosophy”, Peking University, Beijing.
- 10/08/2018 - A different Science for a Different World. How Complexity Reshaped Scientific Values and Worldviews. International Academic Forum on Values in the Changing World, Shaanxi University, Xi’an.
- 10/11/2017 - From an Essentialist to a Factual View of Personal Identity, “I Work Therefore I Am European International Conference”, European Economic and Social Committee, Bruxelles.
- 21/09/2017 - Handling concurrency through Consciousness (poster presentation), “Fourth Philosophy of Language and Mind Conference”, Ruhr University, Bochum.
- 20/01/2017 - Oggetto o soggetto? Confusioni e tirannie ontologiche in psichiatria, “Sono cose della vita Graduate Conference”, University of Turin.
- Review of P. Godfrey-Smith, Other Minds. The Octopus and the Evolution of Intelligent Life. London, HarperCollins, 2016; "Philosophy Kitchen", November 2017.
- Preface (with T. Andina). In T. Andina, E. Onnis (eds.), The Philosophy and Art of Wang Guangyi, London: Bloomsbury Academic (forthcoming, 2018).
- The (Reverse) Power of Propaganda. Reflections on “Great Criticism”. In T. Andina, E. Onnis (eds.), The Philosophy and Art of Wang Guangyi, London: Bloomsbury Academic (forthcoming, 2018).
- Wang Guangyi e il potere inverso della propaganda. Riflessioni a margine del ciclo Great Criticism. “Rivista di Estetica”, Rosenberg & Sellier, Turin, 2016.
- Nietzsche: la metafora come artificio letterario, la metafora come habitat. “Post”, Mimesis Edizioni, Milan, 2011.
- T. Andina, E. Onnis (Eds.), The Philosophy and Art of Wang Guangyi. London: Bloomsbury Academic (forthcoming 2018)
- M. Ferraris, 7 March 1943. Exemplary Action, (Ed. with A. Condello) in Exemplarity and its Normativity, “Law and Literature”, Taylor & Francis, Oxford, 2017.
Works in progress as an editor
- Parti, insiemi e sistemi. Il concetto di emergenza in filosofia della biologia e della mente/Parts, Wholes and Systems. The Concept of Emergence in Philosophy of Biology and of Mind. "Philosophy Kitchen" VII, n° 11, settembre 2019.
- Bridging Traditions. Chinese and Western Philosophy in Dialogue. "Rivista di Estetica" 3/2019 (with Wang Chengbing, Beijing Normal University).