Tutor: Kobau Pietro
Supervisor: Voltolini Alberto
Progetto: Expressive Experience. An Enquiry Concerning Objectsâ€™ Expressiveness
- 2018 Ph.D. Northwest Philosophy Consortium (FINO) (Supervisor Alberto Voltolini)
- December 2013 - M.A. in Philosophy, University of Milan (Supervisors: Paolo Spinicci and Clotilde Calabi)
- December, 2011 - B.A. in Philosophy, University of Milan (Supervisor: Paolo Spinicci )
- January-April 2018 - Visiting at Berlin School of Mind&Brain, Humboldt Univeristät, Berlin (DAAD Scholarship).
- March 5-10 2017 - Spring School in Social Cognition, Emotion and Joint Action, Ruhr-Universität Bochum.
- February-March 2017 Visiting at Antwerp University – Centre for Philosophical Psychology (Supervisor: prof. Bence Nanay)
- May 2016 - Visiting at Ruhr-Universität Bochum – Center for Mind, Brain and Cognitive Evolution (Supervisor: prof. Albert Newen)
- November 2015 - Visiting at Glasgow University - Centre for the Study of Perceptual Experience (Supervisor: prof. Fiona MacPherson)
- August, 18-22, 2014 - Summer School in Phenomenology and Philosophy of Mind, University of Copenhagen.
- January, 16-18, 2019, Le défi des expériences séparables, colloque “Clarifications esthétiques”, Université de Nancy.
- November, 1-2, 2018, The challenge of the separable experiences, “RECONFIGURING the AESTHETIC”, University of Malta.
- September, 4-8, 2018, Expressive properties and the challenge of the separable experiences, SIFA Conference,University of Eastern Piedmont, Novara.
- June, 13-15, 2018, Emotions «out there». Affects and the extended mind hypothesis, (with: Marta Caravà),European Philosophical Society for the Study of Emotions (EPSSE), Tallin.
- June, 14-16, 2018, In the Painter’s Shoes, (with Giovanna Fazzuoli), European Society for Aesthetics (ESA) Conference, Maribor.
- August, 21-26, 2017 - Expressive Experience: a matter of (Sensuous) Imagination?, European Society of Analytic Philosophy (ECAP9) - Conference, Munich.
- May, 25-27, 2017 - Do We Imagine Expressive Properties?, European Society for Aesthetics – Conference, Berlin.
- January, 25, 2017 - Perceiving Dynamic Qualities: a Matter of Imagination?, LiMeS Seminar, University of Eastern Piedmont, Vercelli.
- September, 5-7, 2016 - Perceiving Emotions in Music and Landscapes (co-author: Cristina Meini), SIFA Conference, University of Florence, Pistoia.
- May, 16-18, 2016 - Objects Expressiveness: a Case of Perceptual Recognition, AISC-mid-term Conference, University Federico II, Naples.
- March, 17-18, 2016 - Discussant of Prof. Tonino Griffero On Atmospheres at Phd seminar “Ontologia”, Collegio San Carlo, Modena.
- March, 7-9, 2016 - Extending Emotion’s Recognition to Inanimate Objects, “Rudolf Carnap Lectures” Ruhr-Universität Bochum.
- February, 7-8, 2015 - The Role of Emotions in the Experience of Inanimate Objects’ Expressiveness, “INTERACT! BSA Postgraduate Conference”, University of Kent, Canterbury.
- December 2016-March 2017 - FictionPhilosophy. Public Seminars on Fiction and Tv Series – Turin – Founded by Fondazione CRTi (with Matteo Cresti, Enrico Grosso, Enrico Cipriani and Emiliano Loria).
- September, 2014- International Conference “Expressive Qualities. State of the art and research perspectives on the expressive characters of experience”, University of Milan, Gargnano sul Garda (assisting Prof. Paolo Spinicci and Prof. Andrea Pinotti).
- 2017 - DAAD Short-Term Grant for research in Germany
- 2015 - Compagnia di San Paolo - Grant for PhD research abroad
- 2011-2012 - Erasmus Grant (9 months)
Non academic activities
- Fundraising for NGOs
- Professional translations from and to Italian, English, Spanish and French.
- Editing aesthetics sections for high school art history textbook (Pearson-Mondadori).
- Press Office Assistant for the Italian publisher Guerini e Associati, Milan.
- Italian: Native speaker
- French: Fluent
- Spanish: Fluent
- - forthcoming, (with Giovanna Fazzuoli) “Experiencing the Making. Paintings by Paolo Cotani, Marcia Hafif and Robert Ryman”, Proceedings of the European Society for Aesthetics, 10, 2019.
- - (with Cristina Meini) “Espressiva come me. Musica, emozioni e somiglianza” [Expressive like me. Music, emotions and resemblance], Sistemi Intelligenti, 3, 2018.
- - Review of 'Filosofia della Mente', (P. Perconti, Il Mulino, 2017), Syzetesis, 5(1), pp. 149-155
- - Italian translation from French with Marta Caravà, 'Gilles Deleuze,Il potere. Corso su Michel Foucault (1985-1986): vol. 2, Verona, Ombre Corte.
- - “Expressive Experience and Imagination”, Proceedings of the European Society for Aesthetics, vol. 9, 2017, pp. 46-72.
- - Review of “Conscience et représentation. Introduction aux théories représentationnelles de l’esprit” (Dewalque and Gauvry (ed.), Vrin, 2016) in Phenomenological Reviews, 2017
- - Le qualità espressive. Un dibattito contemporaneo (Expressive qualities. A contemporary debate), Edited with Matteo Ravasio in Filosofie dell’esperienza, Milano, Mimesis, 2017
- - "The Recognition of Emotions in Music and Landscapes: Extending Contour Theory" (with Cristina Meini) in Philosophia. Special issue on Emotions, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11406-017-9874-4.
- Cultrice della materia, Università del Piemonte Orientale, M-FIL/05