Categoria: Curriculum Episteme
The seminars will be held in Genoa, at the Laboratory of Language and Cognition, 11 – 13 with the possibility to follow also online (TEAMS Code: Â 0o6z5rm). For more information, please, contact
December 3, 2021Â Â Seminar 1 â€“ Expressive meaning
- Kaplan, D. (1999), â€śThe meaning of ouch and oops: Explorations in the theory of meaning as useâ€ť, manuscript, University of California, Los Angeles.
December 22Â 2021 Seminar 2 â€“ Conventional implicature view
- Potts C. (2007), The expressive dimension, Theoretical linguistics, 33(2), 165-198.
January 14 2022 Seminar 3 â€“ Presupposition view
- Schlenker, Philippe. 2007. Expressive presuppositions. Theoretical Linguistics 33: 237-245.
January 28 2022 Seminar 4 â€“ Pragmatic view
- Hom C. (2021), A puzzle about pejoratives, Philosophical Studies, 159, 383-405.
February 18 2022Â SeminarÂ 5 â€“ Classifications
- Gutzmann, Daniel. 2013.Â Expressives and beyond. An introduction to varieties of use-conditional meaning.Â To appear in:Â Gutzmann, DanielÂ &Â Hans-Martin GĂ¤rtnerÂ (eds.):Â Beyond Expressives. Explorations in Use-Conditional Meaning.Current Research in the Semantics Pragmatics-Interface (CRiSPI) 28. Leiden: Brill. 1â€“58.
March 04, 2022 Seminar 6 â€“ Experimental data
- Harris,Â C.Â Potts (2009), Perspective-shifting with appositives and expressives, Linguistics and Philosophy,Â 32, pp.Â 523-552.
- Cepollaro B., Domaneschi F., Stojianovic I. (2020), â€śWhen is it ok to call someone a bastardâ€ť, Synthese, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11229-020-02633-z